Why I am Fat

Why am I fat

            I am Starting this blog because I am tired of losing and gaining that weight back. And hopefully someone finds this blog helpful.

             Sooo here is a little bit of my story from gaining to losing to gaining again. When I was a child I was not fat at all, I was as skinny as they came. Its interesting because I come from the Dominican Republic and the typical food would be Rice, Beans, and Meat, Pretty yummy  and I was healthy. ( I am not saying that's the only thing we ate of course there was salads etc
We have a wide variety of foods but the typical rice beans and meat is what you are going to hear a Dominican boasting about and our platano con salami (plantain and salami)

My mother brought my siblings and myself to the united states when I was 8. It was not until 2 years later that I started to notice the difference, I was getting thicker 
-I was a child so did not care.
(my mother and father saw that as a sign of health).

 We all know that the United States has a high amount of processed foods and in the process on doing so they add sugars to products we consume each day.
Here is where the funny part comes.
We see a lot of poor people that are overweight (I don't mean POOR to the point where you can't buy food and even then the government has programs where they give you food)
Because we are forced into buying foods that last longer and are cheap we are stuck. Stuck with the decisions that are not necessarily good for us.

During my last year of high school I weighed 182, Graduated went to college gained the famous Freshman 15, But it was more like 13, so I went from 182 to 193 in one year, it wasn't until my Junior year that I decided to do somethings about it. Through dedication and diet regimen I lost and by the end of my junior year I weigh 150 pounds. I was happy and static.

Me After High school 

Me after 1 year in college 

When I lost the weight 

 When I lost the weight

For the Next blog I am going to device a healthy way to begin the losing weight process again and posting a pic of how I look now. 
If you feel inspire please follow me and Begin this life changing process with me. NO PILLS NO CHEATS. And you are always welcome to comment. In the next blog I have a tool that will help you track your progress.

Comments